Programming,Web Design and Web 2.0 Presentations: A Space for Creativity

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Space for Creativity

Some environments seem to promote creativity. An artist’s studio, a pottery studio, a kitchen, and hopefully a writer’s desk come to mind. The class was very observant about how they create an environment for learning:

  • Ermira said, I have to work with loud music
  • Jesse said, What helps me is by looking at scenery and just drawing it.
  • Kelsey said, When i take notes they arent very helpful at that tiem and place but later on i usually go back to them and use them for guidlines.
  • Lauren said, Thinking or drawing always helps me understand things much better.
  • Ariel said, I can always draw in my old sketchbook if I want too, or I can use my computer and write in a word document to get my thoughts down on paper.
  • Autumn said, When I'm most creative when I'm listening to music in my room.
  • Brendon said, Most of these places are eerie places such as cemetaries, or in the woods at night. I also get inspiration believe or not from places such as churches or any sacred place like that
  • Brendan said, I need to be distracted while I work
  • Jacob said, Although it is hard to explain, I believe that nature is the best cultivator for the mind.
  • Jay said, I think that people are the most creative in the places that they are most comfortable. I also like to write in my spiral notebook.
  • Jeremy F. said, i feel like im most creative in my room sitting at my computer with no sounds.
  • Jeremy Z. said, Sometimes I realize that I write my best work when I am inspired by some sort of recent event, particularly a tragedy. For example, for my English class, we were given an assignment to do one of various things to write a two-page entry in our journals, but for mine, a great deal of ideas ran through my head.
  • John said, I have a cool pen made 100% of blue glass, that you dip in ink to write with, and a really cool green leather notebook, that really help my creative side come out.
  • Katherine said My house is a good place for me to be creative. My basement is very quiet and away from any distractions.


No comments: